Can earthquakes be predicted?

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

6.3 quake at PNG on 19th April 23, a hit prediction

 Watch today's (19th April)quake of 6.3 at PNG at 09.06 UTC


watch the accuracy of prediction.

Date ..predicted ..20th April 2023 with + or - 1 day window period

Magnitude ..predicted .6.9..with + or  - 0.3  . Though predicted magnitude

 seems to be on higher side ,it is a hit prediction for 6+ quake.

 And...and..wait.. I believe there is yet another  6+ quake is to come by 21st (UTC)

 Roger Hunter ,please watch epicenter location hypothesis 

At epicenter both Sun and Moon are setting , with 30 minutes margin

  Can anyone, Seismological Society of America,Seismology Research Centre spell out what all is required , which can be treated as major Earthquake Prediction ?

watch

https://lnkd.in/dzRtvB6w


8 comments:

Roger Hunter said...

An accurate prediction must include date, location and magnitude.

Each item may have ranges, the smaller the better.

Roger

Roger Hunter said...

Amit;

This may be outdated, not sure, but I tested your long range predictions for major quakes
with the following results;

2502 windows
825 hits
.330 odds

1195 quakes
220 predictions
79 hits
72.5 hits expected

Not significantly better than chance.

Roger

AMIT said...

Roger
I could not get it
Say first para of your evaluation
2502 windows....Are these my predicted windows?
If yes ,the predicted dates would be 2502÷3=834( with + or - 1 day window)
And 825 hits out of those 834?
Pl clarify.

In second para 1195 are actual quakes (6+)
How many years prediction data is this?
And 220 my predictions?
Normally 'I predict 4 to 5 dates per month .So 50 per year.

Thus 220 my predictions may be hardly for 4 years.
I have been doing this since last more than 20 years. Did you cover all those?
Regards
Amit

Anonymous said...

Amit;

You use a 3 day window so there are 2502 possible windows in the years you have studied.

The quakes are for the same years, of the magnitude you specified.

My program is still giving me fits so I can't be more explicit.

The odds are determined by dividing quakes by windows, so if you have 100 quakes in 100 windows, chances are picking one at random will be a hit.

Roger

AMIT said...

Roger
Can it be made a simple statement like...
...In last ........number of years 'you have predicted ............dates ie ............number of days with + or - 1 day window period and that there are .........numbers of hits in window period ie ......percentage of hits

Regards

Amit

Roger Hunter said...

Amit;

Yes, that's possible and may be the solution to my problem, which involves printing hundreds of daily information.

Stand bye!

Roger

Roger Hunter said...

Amit;

Excuse the delay. Turns out I've been racking my brain over the wrong program, one which doesn't even check quakes.

I may just have to give up and accept the fact that creeping senility has caught up with me.

But not just yet! I'll find the right program and fight on!

Roger


AMIT said...

Roger
You are a true warrior

Regards
Amit