Can earthquakes be predicted?

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 20, 2023

A suggestion to USGS

 I have a suggestion for seismologist in general and USGS in perticular 

How if I give two dates in near future ( as close as August 2023) for a major quake (8+) with date and even time in UTC , Except locations ( which is actually prohibited by Indian Disaster Act 2005- all three aspects of quake can not be predicted or published ie date/time, magnitude and location as it amounts to spreading rumors)

  

.However, hypothesis can be tested.

Disclaimer applies 


please note....If positive response from atleast 10 connections will be received ,the Date and time for 8+ quake will be published 


9 comments:

Roger Hunter said...

I'll participate.

Roger

Roger Hunter said...

I'll participate.

Roger

AMIT said...

Roger
Thanks
You are the first and only person who has shown interest
The date 3rd August 2023 ( with + or - 1 day window) is prone for for a big quake ...8+
If you are interested I will send e mail for two possible time of 8+ quake .
Epicenter location will be as per hypothesis
However ,sending e mail may take around a week's time.
Roger ,I had a first hand experience of what old age is ( at 67 yrs)
I have been admitted to hospital with high fever due to Urinary track Infaction possibly due to enlarged prostrate

AMIT said...

Roger.
This I am writing from my hospital bed with IV fluid tube and Cathreter tube
So e mail pertaining to time and location,if you want to test , will take few days after I get discharge from hospital
amitjdave@yahoo.com

Regards
Amit

Roger Hunter said...

Amit;

I'm sorry to hear you're not well. I can relate. I have several symptoms that seem to indicate prostate cancer but when I called for an appointment it was set for a month away.

By then, who knows how I'll be.

Roger

Roger Hunter said...



Amit;

Were you the one who asked if I could write a program to give prediction results in one line
of text?

If so, I've done so, almost. I narrowed it down to 3 lines for the sake of legibility.

Roger

Roger Hunter said...

Amit;

Would you like to have a copy of the program?

I'm going to modify it to allow entering the prediction file name and location. I can also add anything else you might need, things like window length, output file name or location, things like that.

No charge but you must agree NOT to give copies to others.

Let me know.

Roger

AMIT said...

Roger
Thanks
Yes I promise not to give copy to anyone
Whatever you said about your age and fading memory,I knew you can do it
Regards
Amit

AMIT said...

Roger
Only by e mail
Not here on the blog