Can earthquakes be predicted?

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Java earthquake of 6.7 and Fiji quake of 6.4 and India Nepal boarder quake 5.7.on 3rd and 4th April 2011

hi
One,rather three more quakes .Java ,6.7 and Fiji quake of 6.4 and India Nepal boarder quake of 5.7 between 3/4th April as predicted
Time and again ,we have date hit quake predictions.Still we say ,it is impossible to predict major quakes.
Please give other theories a chance.
We (science and seismology) have wasted lot of time and tax payers money.
What is the harm ,if science ,seismology and govt officials ,keep vigil on given 25 odd dates in a year at prone places
It may sound like ,self praise ,but I would like to state,given enough time and resources , it is possible to predict major quakes (6.5+) with fair amount of accuracy of date and even place( a band of Long and Latt ) along the globe

next dates are 9/10th April 2011 and 17th April 2011 ,both 6.5+
Amit

10 comments:

Naval said...

wow thats amazing.......

AMIT said...

hi
In my over enthusiasm, I made a mistake to edit the heading of this blog and included to days(4th April)quake of Indo Nepal boarder.
Thus the blog date shows 3rd April but includes 4th April 2011 quake also
I apologize to all my learned viewers for this.
Though it is not technically incorrect,it is unethical
I am sorry for this
Amit

Anonymous said...

Could you please tell us the possible places?

Roger Hunter said...

Amit;

I understand. Your window is 3 days so 3rd would include 2nd and 4th.

Have you looked at the file I sent you?

I need your input as to accuracy and what else to include.

Same for Santosh. I'm at a standstill until then.

Roger

AMIT said...

roger
A list of oct 2009 to december 2010 seen. The quake ,7+ mentioned are actual or selected dates?
amit

Roger Hunter said...

Amit;

Quakes are 7+ from NEIC catalog.

Roger

Anonymous said...

I also agree with Amit, my prediction for April is close enough, my method says 7th and 17th April for 6.5+R

Remi

AMIT said...

Remi/Roger
This time I would like to disclose my exact timings,as put in my personal diary, for next quake/s
In fact I expect two quakes during 9/10th Window period
1)8th April 2011--1430 UTC
2)11th April -----1130 UTC
Place not known
Amit

Anonymous said...

Hi Amit your predictions seem fairly accurate, I would request if you could please predict the areas as well. It will help save a lot of lives.

AMIT said...

hi
Predicting place is difficult ,not impossible The reason being
1) we have to have exact time + or - 5 minutes accuracy of quake for place .Because in 4 minutes Earth moves one degree around the axis.Also it moves in orbit during this inaccuracy period.
2) Some times ,before the peak pull is created ,a weak plate boundary comes under the influence of pull,and the quake occurs little ( up to 4 to 6 Hrs early)
3) Similarly the quake can be delayed for few ours ,waiting weak
plate boundary to come directly under the pull
Nevertheless some bands of Long and Latt can be predicted with extra efforts and resources
Amit